Friday, July 10, 2009

If You Haven’t Been to Raystown

Go. You'll love it. I promise.

We made the 4-hour drive last weekend, and after just a few miles on the trail knew we made the right decision.

Part pump track, part mountain bike trail, the new Allegrippis Trail System at Raystown Lake is thirty miles of machine-built merriment. We rolled, we swooped, we pumped. And the next day I couldn’t lift up my arms. Really.

Fun and (dangerously) fast, pictures really didn’t do the place justice, so we took some moving footage via the V.I.O.



…twice.



IMBA and the US Army Corps of Engineers did a darn fine job of creating a Mid-Atlantic mountain biker’s paradise. The place is likely everything you’ve heard, and more. We’re already planning a return trip in the fall (this time we’ll take advantage of the on-site camping with friends).

Just gotta build up some biceps first!

6 comments:

  1. i'll go back with you guys in the fall... looks like fun, ill have to dust the cobwebs off of my bicycle first though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you'll be getting your swell on at the gym to prepare...muscle milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you're going back to Raystown. I've ridden these trails a few times now since it's only 2.5 hours from the 'burgh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if u build any biceps yule b able to beet justin arm wrestling ...... but who couldnt


    t.d.h.

    keep postin i have nuttn to do at nite

    ReplyDelete